Sunday, December 7, 2014

Running in Circles

When you do a task that requires strength and stamina for a long period of time, you will eventually get tired. It could be mentally, physically, or spiritually. But where does the strength come from to push through the tough time? What do you look to for your strength? Is it God, others, yourself, or something mindless that takes your mind away temporarily?

 As school comes to a break for Christmas, I can clearly see everything I have to do pile up in front of me. Now, if you know me, I am not a quitter! However, I have found it hard lately to step up and take everything head on. I have found myself running in circles trying to avoid doing what needs to get done, just because it seems hard. This running in circles does not apply only to my work, friendships, or other tasks, but it also applies to my relationship with God.

The best way to describe my relationship with God is this way, when I want to express how I really feel, it feels like there is a lock on my mouth. A friend sent me a song and this line rang in my ears. "You were on lock down and I had the key." God had been there the whole time able to help me in my time of need. Even though he was there, I couldn't feel him, I didn't see him, couldn't hear his voice. Yet, he let me run in my circles and run away from him. I ran to myself not him. How quickly I was reminded that I cannot give myself the strength I need, nor the patience to make it through anything that seems tough. 

I have been reminded again how much the Lord pursues me. He runs after me with everything he has just to show me how much he loves and cares for me. I need him more than I need anything else. It is his strength that pulls me through. "Don't allow your circumstances to cause you to quit, it may be bad today, but trouble does not last always, keep pushing, keep seeking God's face." He is literally right there.  I have this picture of me running as fast as I can in one direction and the Lord is right there behind me running hard after me. If only I would stop running and turn around. He would be right there with open arms.

He loves us more than we will ever know.  This song came on while I was writing this and it is so fitting "No one loves me like you, no one loves me the way you do" -Jars of Clay. This life is far to hard to do it on your own. Why even try? Why run to everything else that will not satisfy or help? "All things can be done through Christ who gives us strength." If there is only one thing you can take away from this, just take away that God loves you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment