Sunday, February 1, 2015

Motivation

Motivation: the state or condition of being motivated or having a strong reason to act or accomplish something.

        What does motivation look like in your life? Does it take someone to push you? Do you just pick yourself up and determine the way a task will get done?  Is it done through your strength or do you look elsewhere for that strength? Do you ask the Lord for the strength and motivation to get done what is required of you each and every day?

        For some reason this word "motivation" is a reoccurring theme in my life right now. The questions flood my head. How do I motivate my students? What motivates me? How do I motivate my friends and family? What does it look like for me to get motivated by the Lord? Why is it so hard to get motivated to get tasks done? How do I get out of the rut of no motivation?

        Recently, the Lord has shown me that what motivates me a lot of the time is fear. Fear of failure, fear of laziness, fear of not pleasing others, and fear that I will keep being unmotivated. These drive me to be motivated and change myself. Rather than looking to the Lord for my strength and accomplishing a task for the Lord's glory, I do it for myself or others. Now, this is most likely a struggle I deal with everyday, as most everyone struggles with finding the motivation to get tasks done. However, this is something my eyes have been opened to and something the Lord is working on in my heart. As I have studied where my fear comes from and seen that it is not from the Lord, I know that I need to prepare myself to fight that fear with truth from the Word of God.

       Romans 8 was an eye opener for me in this season of my life. There were main points that I took from this passage which included:
        1.We are more than conquerors in Christ
        2. Nothing can separate us from the love of our father
        3. We are no longer controlled by sinful nature but rather by the spirit
        4. The spirit helps us in our weakness
These not only reminded of how weak I am to combat my fears but how able my Heavenly Father is.

      As I go through each day, I have been trying to figure out how to get motivated myself and how to motivate others even though I may not have that motivation. A verse that really stands out to me is 2 Timothy 3:16- All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. Looking at this reminds me that scripture should be my guide in how to teach my students, rebuking the lies I have in my head, correcting my sinfulness, and pushing me to become more like Christ. It says in the verse, "equipped for every good work." (Equipped-to furnish with whatever is needed for use). The Bible helps me be ready and prepared to do every good work the Lord puts in front of me everyday.

        So I ask myself, "How is this verse, (2 Timothy 3:16) not enough to motivate me every day?" Well, I first need to realize that I cannot do this life on my own and that I need to rely on the Lord. I need to understand that life is not going to be easy all the time. I know that if I am walking with the Lord, then I should be challenged, pushed beyond the limits, and call out my weaknesses so that the Lord may be strong in me,

        If you are feeling unmotivated. remember that you cannot do it all on your own. You will fail and fall flat on your face. Remind yourself that the Lord is able when you are not. Tell yourself that the Lord is there to help, guide, and drive you for every good work He has put in front of you. Blessings on you all who read this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment