Wednesday, July 2, 2014

31 Day Challenge

For 31 days I decided I was going to do something new, spontaneous, challenging, or difficult. This was inspired by Jessica Cox and the fact that I like to celebrate the entire month of my birthday....

Day 1-Alaska






Day 2- Hiked alone in the woods and walked about a mile on rocks without shoes




Day 3- Used a chainsaw for the first time

Day 4- Shot an assault riffle for the first time






Day 5-Attempted a make-shift Indian Taco/Received my first piece of Jade along with two rocks that were dremmeled into owls. Thanks Levi!!








Day 6- Went running with Lucy in broad daylight at 10 pm.


Day 7- Received a box of birthday goodies from Beaner!! Thank you lovely


Day 8-First Alaskan Kindergarten/High School Graduation








Day 9- Made a simple dinner for 3 of my students

Day 10- Tommy Island boating, cookout, and quality time

Day 11- Took a day off to relax


Day 12- Mom sent me my birthday box!

Day 13- Kayaking on the lake with Asha, dinner at the McKennetts, lemon cake with lemon icing, topped with gushers



















Day 14-Ultimate Frisbee

Day 15- Ceciley sent me an owl journal


Day 16- Aunt Jane and Aunt Patti sent me so many goodies of candy and a lovely Starbucks gift card




Day 17- Flew a plane without any help from the pilot


Day 18-Camping in a remote place overnight with Asha and Aaron


















Day 19- Walked 7 miles in the middle of night because the boat could not get us home













Day 20-Followed the Lord's leading when it was not something I wanted to do

Day 21- One of my students got me a lovely gift. She also gave me my Alaskan Grown t-shirt


Day 22- Chicken Curry for the first time


Day 23- Packed the school in order to prepare for demolition






Day 24- Dropped water balloons from an airplane to hit a target, came in second int he fly-in.












Day 25- Hiked Tanalian






































Day 26- Lunch at our newly built restaurant/hotel/store. This is our first store and restaurant in our village.


Day 27- Caribou Tacos

Day 28- Moose's Tooth




Day 29- Hawaii


Day 30- Went to a Luau











Day 31- Went for a cruise

No comments:

Post a Comment