Tuesday, August 12, 2014

New Perspective

I know you are all looking for pictures and Alaska updates. However, i felt I needed to share this instead.

I feel accomplished after reading a book in the course of 3 flights. When I was younger I used to hate reading and I wanted to be that person who looked more intelligent becuase they had their nose in a book. I can say that I have come to that place in my life where I only wished to be. I find reading enjoyable and I have learned a lot from the books I have read. Here are a few things the Lord has laid on my heart.

The book I finished reading was called, "God has a wonderful plan for your life." A friend of mine sent me this book and I am happy they did. This book brought to light a different way of presenting the gospel message to people. We might tend to tell people that God loves them and has the best plan for their lives when presenting the salvation message to people. What happens when trials, tribulations, struggles, or death come along? Where is God's love for them now? Why is His plan not so easy anymore? Honestly, we are not promised an easy life when it comes to following Christ. Many men and woman have suffered for proclaiming the name of Christ. Perhsps that was Biblical times and we exempt from that now?

The simplest answer is no. John 16:33 "These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye may have peace. In the world ye have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." Might we change the message we present and share the truth? We will have tough times, that we are told in John. We cannot do anything on our own to earn favor with God or work our way into heaven. We must realize the people we truly are and take a look at the 10 commandments.

Exodus 20:3-4, 7-8, 12-17

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image
3. Thou shalt not take the name of Jehovah thy God in vain
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honor thy father and thy mother
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
10. Thou shalt not covet.

"Good people" might think they are not in need of a saving. Rather they believe that being a "good person" is the ticket into heaven. Well, if we have a God that judges justly then why would he overlook our sins just because we are "good people?" Take another look at the 10 commandments and see if you have broken any. I have and will unfortunately break them again. Breaking these commandments makes me: a liar, murderer, thief, and a covetous person. A sinner deserving death. I find peace though
knowing that my heavenly father wants a realtionship with me, a sinner. I don't know who will read this but I hope it penitrates your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment