Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Set a Fire

            It never ceases to amaze me how the Lord speaks to me. I know this is a blog about my Alaskan adventure, however, I cannot help but share how amazing the love of the Lord is. He is my everything and I want others to know how deeply he truly loves and cares for His Children. He has the power to heal the most broken of hearts and take the pain that has cut so deep that you never thought you would heal ever again. Wherever you are in life, there is nothing that you have gone through that the Lord hasn't felt or been in the same place as you have been. Just run into his arms and know that there is always hope. Never let go because God doesn't let go of you.
           "You have laid the hurting hearts of women at My feet." The Lord has been breaking down wall after wall and softened a strong headed, tough girl. If you don't know who that person is, it's me. I recently have discovered my strong passion and joy for sharing life experiences with females who have been hurt or are currently hurting. I see pain, fear, frustration, doubt, and lost hope. I am encouraged because I have watched some of my closest friends grow in their faith with the Lord, face their fears head on, and truly learn how to let God heal them. I not only see that in them but I also see that in my life as well. God can do amazing work in our lives when we fully let go and let God take over control of every aspect in our lives. The power of the Lord and how the Holy Spirit works in our hearts is just mind blowing to me.
           It is so encouraging to know that God is omniscient and omnipotent. These two words alone are extremely powerful, yet people, me included, do not always trust the Lord. I try to take matters in my own hands and sometimes even tell the Lord that I do not trust him. Nothing takes him by surprise and nothing is outside of His will. I was recently asked, "Why is it so hard to trust God?" Trust-reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, or security of a person or thing. That is fully letting go of our integrity, strength, ability, or security in ourselves. It does not mean to give up and never try but it is realizing that we cannot do it all on our own. What it comes down to is actually humbling ourselves before God by laying down our pride. Philippians 2:5, "Your attitude should be the same as that of Jesus." Jesus Christ humbled himself by giving up His place in heaven, to come down here, and save us from spending eternity in hell. Humbled is the key word I am looking at. Jesus is humble and the opposite of humility is pride. Satan is prideful. So as I was asked this question, "Why is it so hard to trust God?" It all comes down to pride/humility. Will we humble ourselves before God and allow him to do what He says He will. Take care needs: provide us our daily bread, love us, forgive us, meet us where we are at, etc. Or will be prideful and continue to try to do it on our own? The answer is different for everyone because we are all giving the free choice to choose to accept Jesus as Savior or not.
         For me, there is no other option other than Jesus Christ. With all the tragedy going on in this world, the last thing I want to do is give up hope. Jesus Christ has already overcome this world and He will come back again. He knows everything that is going on and none of this shocks Him, but I am sure it brings Him much sadness when His children are turning against each other. When we become Christians it doesn't mean that we will have the perfect and easy life. It says in Mark 13:7-8-When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains." In the same thought, "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
         Just a little explanation about the title of this blog, it is one of my favorite songs and it fits how I have been feeling lately. Part of the lyrics are, "There's no place I would rather be." I realize they are about being in the presence of Jesus, but I feel they fit how I feel out here. There is no other place I would rather spend time searching out the Lord and really finding who I truly am in Christ. So as usually here are some of my top pictures of the past couple months. Hope you enjoy and huge shout out to Mr. Dave Kunte.


Yes, that is a bear track. Mom, I took Anna with me. 
Do not worry we didn't see the bear and we were on the look out. :D


Our small group of lady runners that day. Katie and Anna
This was only a couple months ago when it was not in the negatives and there was no snow.


Sunday laughs and giggles with Liz and Asha.


All packed and ready to go to Bristol Bay for Inservice!!




Picked out, cut, and hand sewed my own beaver hat. 
It was a blast and I would definitely do it again if I am given the chance.





Early morning local coffee shop run!


Oh Kate, how I enjoy spending time with you! You are such a sweet friend. 



Kiana you have such a sweet heart and I loved spending time with you. Thanks for giggles, popcorn, and all the movie watching we did. Hugs upon hugs girl! 


Kiana just making my day a little bit brighter. 


Rachel, I cannot tell you enough how grateful I am for you! 
You are such a great mama and I love your beautiful little girl!



A beautiful run with Carlin. 
Thanks for setting the pace and making the run seem like a piece of cake. 



If you look closely you can see a rainbow in the background.
Nice shot Carlin!!



Apparently playgrounds aren't just for children anymore. Foxes think they are a great place too.





Katelyn you are strong and I am happy to be apart of your life. Keep seeking the Lord with everything you have in you.  Love you Blondie!



I have been having a blast spending time helping out Kyle with his cabin when I can. 
He has worked so hard and has done a wonderful job at making this such a great home for himself. Thanks for letting me help!!

  
It has been a busy past couple of months with work and spending time with many sweet friends. If you didn't make it in this blog, I am sure there will be more to come. I am happy to be here and am blessed to have the opportunity to learn every day. Not only do I feel my students teach me something everyday but God does as well. Thank you readers for following my blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment